COVID-19 rapid test
- Phone: +36 (1) 794 9179
- Mobile: +36 (30) 698-6452
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The coronavirus (2019-nCoV IgG / IgM) rapid test is an antibody test detected from blood taken after fingertip puncture (required amount: 20 microliters).
This means that it does not detect the virus itself in the body, but the two antibodies (IgM and IgG) produced by the immune system in response to the virus entering the body.
IgM is produced in the early stages of infection and indicates an existing or recent infection, while IgG begins to produce later, around day 5 of infection, and remains in the body for a long time. It detects its presence from the 5th day from the date of the suspected infection, indicating its survival for 3 years. Accuracy compared to PCR:
- IgG sensitivity 100%, specificity 98%
- IgM sensitivity 85%, specificity 96%
After performing the coronavirus test, approx. 10 minutes later, the result is complete, showing whether you have recently had the disease or if your disease is still asymptomatic or we can determine that your body has not yet produced a detectable amount of antibodies to the virus.
It is important to mention that in the early stages of infection, the body may not yet produce a detectable amount of antibody, so the test may need to be repeated later. If you have typical symptoms of coronavirus (fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, tiredness), please contact your doctor by phone. We only test asymptomatic people in the office, by appointment. In case it turns out on the spot that you have a fever or you are coughing, we are unfortunately unable to perform the test.
- All Patients arrive on an appointment. Please arrive 5 minutes before your appointment, preferably alone. Wearing a mask is mandatory. If you do not have a mask, you can buy it at our reception. Taking the test does not require preparation, so you can safely drink and eat before it.
- After administration, in the lab the assistant asks you to take a seat after washing your hands with soap, then, after alcohol disinfection, stabs your fingertips and takes a few drops of blood to perform the test. You will then be kindly asked to wait at the designated location to evaluate the result. This lasts for a maximum of 10-15 minutes.
Please note that if your test will be positive, our institute is obliged to inform the competent epidemiological authority and they will decide what to do next.